Coldwater Creek does not honor returns for defective merchandise

The new Coldwater Creek sure isn’t what it used to be.I purchased a jacket and followed the washing instructions on the inside label.

The first time I washed it, it came out of the washer with the side seam torn and frayed. There’s enough fabric inside to hold the stitches of the seam. I had lightly worn it only twice. When I called customer service they would not replace the jacket.

They do not consider this a manufacturing defect. I couldn't believe it! Well-made clothes don't tear at the seam the first time they are washed. The customer service supervisor reprimanded me for not sending it to the dry cleaners even though the tag on the jacket and the instructions for this item on the website say to machine wash.

I won't be shopping at Coldwater Creek again.

Quality is not consistent and by not honoring returns for defective merchandise their customer service policies are unethical.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • No returns for defective product

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Replace the item or provide full refund
Product or service
Linen Boyfriend Jacket Style Number 55051
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #900468 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Coldwater Creek? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 14 #1198953

There is a typo in my post. It should say there was NOT enough fabric to hold the stitching on the seam.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Coldwater Creek. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Coldwater Creek.
Filing a new complaint about